Strataspot Pty Ltd (ABN: 61 162 744 872) of Suite 12, 849 South Dowling Street, Waterloo, New South Wales operates this website located at www.strataspot.com as a community site for your owners corpoaration.
In this policy:
- this development is referred to as the Building
- this website is referred to as the Site
- Strataspot Pty Ltd is referred to as we, our, us
- you, as the user, are referred to as you and your
- the body, made up of all the owners in the strata scheme or owners of the Building, is referred to as the Owners Corporation.
This policy describes the way we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act). Click here to view Privacy Act 1988.
Under the Act, personal information is information about an individual by which that individual’s identity can be reasonably ascertained.
If you provide us with your personal information, you consent to our collection, use and storage of that information in accordance with this policy.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us you have the option of opting- out when you set up your account.
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when you set up an account on the Site. You may be doing this as an owner or occupier of a unit in the Building or because you are providing services to the Building or its occupants or because you are managing the Building or you need access to the Site.
We will ask you to provide us with information when you contact us with a question or complaint about the Site.
We will also ask you to provide us with information, when we need to communicate with the Owners Corporation about any matters concerning the use of the Site or the Building.
When you visit the Site, or log-in to third party sites from the Site, we will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser.
What information do we collect?
We will ask you to provide us with information about yourself when you set up an account on the Site.
Some of this information will be personal information for the purposes of the Act. The minimum personal information that we collect when you set up an account on the Site is your username, password, contact details (phone, mobile, email address, back-up email address).
You can provide additional non-personal information when you set up an account, which does not, on its own permit association with any specific individual and which can be removed or amended at any time. This additional information will enable us to deliver a better experience to you.
How we protect the information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction.
The hosting of the Site and the information collected through the Site is outsourced to at third party operator of a data centre located in Australia. This operator is bound by the Act and was selected by us on the basis that its security safeguards are in accordance with current generally accepted industry standards with high grade security features, employing full UPS power back-up generator systems.
The use to which we put information provided to us and our record keeping obligations means that the information will be retained by us after even after you have closed your account.
In order to enable us to meet our obligations under the Act and to ensure the operation of the Site we may need to allow our authorised staff and contractors access to your personal information. The staff and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
For what purposes do we use the information?
We will use the information to enable us to:
- provide information about the Building (and activities and events occurring in and about the Building – including scheduled and emergency maintenance and repairs)
- provide information about your rights and obligations if you are an owner or an occupier of a unit in the Building
- assist the manager of the Building and its Owners Corporation to comply with their obligations under the Strata Schemes Management Act 1996
- assist us make it easier for you to navigate the Site and make your use of the Site more relevant to your circumstances
- send you promotional communications which we believe may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out of receiving such communications).
Among other things, if we have this information, we can:
- make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once
- help you quickly find services or information relevant to your needs
- help us offer up to you content that is relevant to you
- alert you to updated information and other new services available on the Site.
We will use the information collected from you when you contact us with a question or complaint about the Site to respond to and, if we believe we need to do so, to investigate your question or complaint further. In addition we also use this information to identify and correct potential problems, monitor trends and improve our support services.
When do we give information to third parties?
We will make the information collected from you available to third parties:
- where it is necessary for us to carry out your instructions
- as reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the Site available to you
- when we reasonably believe it is required by law, subpoena or other legal process
- as necessary to assert our rights and to protect the Site and to maintain the safety of others using the Site
- as necessary to assist the Building manager and the Owners Corporation to protect the Building and maintain the safety of other users of the Building.
Updating your information
You may, access and update or correct the information we hold under your account whenever you choose to do so.
You may want to contact us about the personal information we hold about you (including to correct any information) or to ask a question about our Policy or to make a complaint a breach by us of the Act.
You may do so by:
- selecting this link to our Privacy Officer and sending us an email
- writing to us Suite 12, 849 South Dowling Street, Waterloo, New South Wales, 2017
- calling us on telephone +61 2 9318 0355
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commission (OAIC) by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Information that you have shared with other users of the Site will remain visible after you have closed your account.
If you visit other sites through links we provide, personal information may be collected by the operators of those sites. Collection of that information is not governed by this policy but will be governed by the privacy policies of those operators and we encourage you to familiarise yourself with their policies.
Effective as of 15 July 2014